Here is the list of current research fields,
which could be performed at the Department of Electromechanics.
Send letters to email@example.com
- Research and analysis of transient heating processes in induction motors including the following:
- development of thermal models with different levels of complexity;
- refining of the thermal parameters determination methods;
- development of method, algorithm and software for transient losses caculation, especially iron core losses at non-sinusoidal magnetic field variations in electric machine;
- calculation of losses, heating, efficiency of induction motors fed from frequency converters.
- Analysis and development of methods and arrangements for reactive power compensation (power factor conditioner) for induction motors, power networks and electric drives.
- Development of induction motor modifications for multi-functional frequency-controlled electric drives, including the following:
- account for high-order harmonics at losses, noise, vibration and heating calculation;
- overvoltages at PWM-control, electromagnetic compatability of motor and drive circuit;
- account for converter type and control method at induction motor design;
- design optimization.
- Development of induction motors for frequent dynamic conditions including the following:
- rotor heating calculation at heavy duty starting and reversing;
- transient analysis with computer simulation;
- account for arbitrary load variations;
- design optimization for heavy duty operating conditions.
- Development of special electric machines (draft design) including the following:
- permanent magnet motors and generators (including unconventional power sources);
- linear and edge machines including embedded drive;
- reluctance (including SRD), electronicaly switched, inductor machines, etc..
- Development of methods of electromagnetic, hydraulic and thermal analysis of submersed electric drives with switched and induction motors with forced cooling and high power density.
- Design and optimization of induction squirrel cage motors for submersive pump drives.
- High accuracy calculations of steady-state and transient conditions of synchronous, asynchronous and switched electric drives based on Tooth Contour method including the following:
- software for analysis of salient-pole and non-salient-pole synchronous motors and generators with parallel or autonomous load (including rectified load and invertor fed motors);
- transient analysis of multi-speed induction motors while taking into account switching processes;
- transient and steady-state analysis of switched electric drives while taking into account mutial affect of motor and inverter.
- Mathematical simulation of synchronous and asynchronous electromagnetic torques and vibroacoustic forces in induction motors while taking into account current distribution in the rotor winding bars.
- Mathematical simulation of technological disperse for single-phase and three-phase induction motors.
- Three-phase induction motor with unbalanced winding and increased efficiency.
- Development of single-phase motors for domestic appliancies, electric tool, etc. including the following:
- motors with two-phase winding;
- motors with three-phase winding fed from single-phase mains;
- special controlled three-phase motors fed from single-phase mains through converter without phase-shifting elements.
- Electric machines testing, repair and retrofit including electric machines for non-conventional power sources.
- Non-conventional power sources; optimization of electric machines with variable load; development of efficient scheme of electric machine and transformer repair; special electric machines.